Saturday, December 19, 2009

Is dog shampoo safe to use on my cat?

I have the Just Add Water 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner


for dogs from Target.


It doesn't say you can't use it on cats, but is dog shampoo generally safe for use on cats as well?Is dog shampoo safe to use on my cat?
Well, there is a reason why the shampoo is called dog shampoo. It might not harm her much if used once but cats do need to be bathed with cat shampoo. Specialized shampoo caters to your cats has ingredients that will not harm your cat and also help balance the PH of your cat's coat.





So, I will not use a shampoo specially marketed for dogs on my cat.Is dog shampoo safe to use on my cat?
NO, don't use dog shampoo on cats. The PH balance in the cats coat will be destroyed and the cat may end up with dry skin.





And to the IDIOT/MORON that advised to use DAWN soap, you should be prosecuted for animal cruelty. DAWN soap will strip the necessary oils from the skin and coat and will cause the animal harm!
I think it would be best if you don't. I wouldn't even use dog shampoo on a dog! The best thing to use on ANY animal is Dawn dish soap. Not the fancy kinds, jsut regular plain dishssoap with nothing added! It has been PROVEN that it can be used on any animal, of ANY age no matter how young or old. I would reccommend using Dawn. But NEVER use dog shampoo on a cat. I have heard that palmolive works too but I am not sure.
it usually is okay but sometimes it depends on the cats age and breed. you should always ask your vet before using ANYTHING on your cat!
NO! if it says it is for use on dogs then use it on dogs only. buy a shampoo that is made for cats since many dog products are not safe for cats.
If any product doesn't specifically say that it is safe for cats on the label DO NOT USE IT on on cats.


Especially if it is a flea shampoo.
falcon5 should get best answer, I couldn't put it better myself.





I also feel bad for the person's cats who get dishsoap used on them!!! That is very harmful!!!!
probably not.
I'm not sure, but I don't think so.
seriouslyy how much is it going to hurt to go out and get cat shampoo?
i belive so it should not hurt him

No comments:

Post a Comment